March 28, 2024, 06:44:18 PM

Author Topic: No Privileges???  (Read 10784 times)

dickies

No Privileges???
« on: April 26, 2004, 03:30:04 PM »
I scanned one of our users and after the scan was complete it said No Privileges under pretty much every header.  Also in the Status/# column the square is maroon instead of green.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
No Privileges???
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 03:39:55 PM »
Hello.  We'll email you about this problem.  It's considered a Windows security issue but we're working on ways around it.

charles

No Privileges???
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 03:51:33 PM »
Can I get an email on this also?

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
No Privileges???
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 08:39:38 PM »
Hi Charles.  We wrote dickies back through email because he was a very new customer and wanted to give him personalized support.

We are working on a feature now that allows you to enter a username and password for each machine interactively or passively.  This most likely relates to the problem you're having.

You should be able to gain privileges to remote machines by visiting each one through "My Network Places/Microsoft Windows Network".  You should be prompted for a username and password.  After gaining access through this method, you should then be able to scan it with NEWT.

Laurent

No Privileges???
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 11:23:01 AM »
Hi !

I have the same problem with all my Windows 98/ME workstations. Is there any solution ?

Do you need any info about my subscription '

Thanks
Best regards

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
No Privileges???
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 06:49:48 PM »
Hi there.  Because Win 9x/ME systems don't have strong remote capabilities, they require a software agent installed on them to get much of the information NEWT provides.  An agent for NEWT Pro will be offered in a future version.

You may be also get some information by installing the Remote Registry Service on your Win 9x/ME boxes.  For more information see this thread:
http://www.komododigital.com/KomodoForum/viewthread.php?tid=57

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Laurent

No Privileges???
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 01:11:59 PM »
Hi !

we have allready installed the Remote Registry Service, but the only info that we have from this machine is : OS, Ip addr., Mac. addr., Domain name.  On the machine detail windows,
the 'last scanned' is date, time, duration and "/no privileges" at the end.

Thank you very mutch for your help.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
No Privileges???
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 07:22:01 PM »
Hello.  Are you sure you have full remote privileges?  Can you open the machine's registry from the machine you're scanning NEWT with using RegEdit?

We haven't yet tried opening a Win9x/ME registry remotely using RegEdit, but it should work.

You could also try visiting the machine through "My Network Places/Microsoft Windows Network".  If Windows asks you for a username/password, entering it should give you the rights you need if you're on a Workgroup.