March 28, 2024, 10:28:31 PM

Author Topic: No Privileges - again (sorry)  (Read 9996 times)

Mike

No Privileges - again (sorry)
« on: August 28, 2004, 03:38:13 PM »
Hello,
We've purchased a 200 license at work, so I decided to use the free 10 user at home (only have 3 workstations).

I have one machine that is displaying the "No Privileges".  My server is W2K3 and the 3 workstations are all XP Pro SP1.  I am running Newt on the server logged in as the Domain Administrator.  I can regedit this machine from the server.  I can also ping this machine from the server.

I have seen you only respond to these via e-mail.  I hope you can do the same for me.

Thank You!

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 06:50:02 PM »
Hello.  Thank you for purchasing NEWT Pro!

Do you get red, yellow or green icons in the Primary tab after scanning?

And you are running on a domain at home then, correct?

Mike

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 11:42:08 PM »
I receive a red icon in the Primary tab.  Yes, I am running a domain.

Mike

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 01:27:57 AM »
I've got it.  I had to remove the machine from the domain and re-add it.  I'm now getting all of the information.

Thanks for your assistance.

Mike

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 03:56:38 AM »
You're welcome, if you can call it assistance.   :D

Do you know why the machine would need to be removed from the domain and rejoined?  And we assume you mean the server machine needed the remove/re-join?

We like to learn all we can so we can help others in similar situations.

Mike

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 02:48:05 PM »
No, it wasn't the server it was the machine that was giving me "No Privileges".  Even though I could ping it and edit the registry from the server when I rebooted it last night, I couldn't log in, even as Administrator.  It kept telling me the domain wasn't available, but my other workstations could log on and off without and issues.

So, I removed it from the domain and then added it and tried Newt again and everything displayed.

Just another unknown mystery about Windows.

Thanks again!

Mike

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 11:07:58 PM »
No problem.  Thanks for the update.  We will add this to our knowledge pool in case someone else has a similar issue.

jmeadows

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 01:15:33 AM »
We run a W2k AD and this issue pops up on our network occasionally.  The problem is that the machine's domain computer account is corrupted, but we are unsure what causes it to happen.  Removing and rejoining the computer in question causes it to get a new computer account, which fixes the problem.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2004, 05:13:39 AM »
That's very strange.  We're surprised this hasn't been fixed in a service pack.  Maybe it happens less or not at all on W2K3?

In addition to many great new features, version 2.0 allows custom credentials for each machine, so you could use an old common workgroup account or custom workgroup-type usernames/passwords.