March 29, 2024, 02:52:08 PM

Author Topic: Access denied Error 5 (registry error fixed as of v2.5)  (Read 7647 times)

Scott@titan

Access denied Error 5 (registry error fixed as of v2.5)
« on: April 05, 2005, 07:35:06 PM »
Ok I have plenty of the error 53\'s Computer off?  I\'m worrking my way through the fixes now but I have two machines that give me an Error code 5.  What can I do to fix that one?  I also get one error 1231, working on fixing that one too.   I\'ve attached the mrf file.

Scott

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
Access denied Error 5 (registry error fixed as of v2.5)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 04:44:36 AM »
Hello Scott.  The Status column currently only shows a quick interpretation of the error, however you can see the full Microsoft error descriptions by choosing \"Show Credential Columns\" from the View menu.

Looking at these columns from the MRF you attached shows that the error 53 (network path not found) happened during a \"Machine Connect\" which is similar to opening the computer up in \"My Network Places\".  This can mean that the computer has been turned off since this list was generated or possibly that a firewall is turned on for these machines.

The other two were when NEWT was trying to open and read the registry, which is used for much of the data gathering.  You can test this by trying to remotely open either or both of these two machines with RegEdit.  You should get the same error.

Also, your MRF shows the machine \"FMNT-RMAUL\" was scanned successfully and contains very proprietary information such as your Windows CD Key (Product Key) and so it was deleted for you.  Although these files are very useful to us for diagnosing problems, we highly suggest never uploading MRFs to the forums and to only email them to support@komodolabs.com.