March 28, 2024, 07:59:47 AM

Author Topic: Error 53  (Read 9065 times)

JC

Error 53
« on: March 15, 2005, 08:13:47 AM »
Hi

I\'ve just started working with version 2.0 of the software and am having problems with the existing Win98 pc\'s I have on my network.

I get an error in the scan status column saying

Win9x/ME and other non-NT based machines are not yet supported.  The network path was not found. (Error: 53)

I was wondering if I need to do something on these PC\'s to correct this.

There also appears to be a privilege problem when trying to scan my Windows 2000 and Windows NT servers. Would I have to be logged in as the domain adminstrator to get this to work ?

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
Error 53
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 08:18:07 AM »
Hello.  Win9x/ME machines are not supported by NEWT Pro.

If you are on a domain, then yes you would need to be part of the Domain Admin group.

Please let us know if you get it to work properly.

keyelectronics

Error 53
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 02:12:12 PM »
I am getting the same error, however, my server is Windows 2000 SP4, the desktop is Windows Xp SP2 with the firewall turned off.  The account on the server has full rights to the system.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
Error 53
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 06:32:52 PM »
Hello.  For remote computers getting the \"The network path was not found. (Error: 53)\", are you able to access these through \"My Network Places\"?  Also, are you able to ping the remote computer by its name from a DOS Command Prompt?

NEWT works off the computer name when scanning.  This is soley a Windows error, so if NEWT reports it, Windows should also report it when trying to visit it through \"My Network Places\".

Please let us know what you find out.  We\'re here to help.

spage47150

Error 53
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 10:30:29 AM »
I am able to access the computer through\"My Network Places\" and I am able to ping the remote computer by name.  Any other ideas?  The windows firewall is turned off as well.

The machines I am getting this on are all Windows XP SP1 and SP2

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
Error 53
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 05:03:50 PM »
Hello.  Are you able to open the remote registry from your local machine using RegEdit?