March 29, 2024, 07:56:53 AM

Author Topic: 2 question.  (Read 7364 times)

LEDglo

2 question.
« on: July 06, 2005, 02:26:09 PM »
Hi administrator and everyone,
i\'m using newt pro 1 licensed copy, the first question is: how can I upgrade this one to the newer version 2?? (as written in the homepage it\'s free, yes?).

The second problem is that I need to make an inventory of our customers network, we can access their host through vpn connections, so:

my subnet is 192.168.1.0 -> here I can discover and scan all hosts

my customer x subnet is 192.168.11.0 -> I\'m connected in vpn, I can ping and browse this network, but I ask you if there\'s a way to discover and scan with newt pro 1 (or 2) this other subnet , it consist in a domain (2000 pure) and i can\'t find in newt 1 an option that allow me to specify different access credentials for a specific subnet (the one right for access my customer domain)

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
2 question.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 04:34:56 PM »
Hello.  Yes, 2.0 is a free upgrade for everyone.  Simply download and install version 2, downloadable from the main site, then copy/paste your 1.0 key to license it.  You should be able to have version 1 and version 2 installed on the same system.

Version 1 does not have custom credentials, however version 2 does.  It also has greatly improved IP discovery.

If you need any help supplying credentials or anything else, please let us know.