April 18, 2024, 11:20:08 PM

Author Topic: Scanning problem (fixed as of v2.5)  (Read 9404 times)

marcus

Scanning problem (fixed as of v2.5)
« on: January 10, 2006, 01:42:26 PM »
Hi,
I have licence for 150 devices,(evaluation license) running on win XP sp2. I am using the software Ver 2.0.2284, to scan machines (nt4 win2000 winXP, server 2000 & server 2003), print server, ip phone exchange, UPS, Switch and other units with IP address.
The program stop refreshing the program window and I left it running over night and still not refreshing. This last happened when the program scanner a printer server (Kyocera FS-1800) or (LaserJet 2550) group of 40 machine scanned. there are snmp units
This Problem will happen If I scan groups over 30 plus or I have not single scan the problem device.
I can exit the program and save the data by Log-Off the machine and it prompt, the program then gives the option to save the data (As I have save on exit option on).
I can not test any more as my evaluation license is over.
Like the program and will be buying if this can be sorted.

Mark

PS when will the full snmp scanning be added

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 02:55:15 PM »
Hello Mark.  Let us contact you privately about this and see what we can do.

The items NEWT will detect via SNMP are mostly there, but there are a few issues remaining such as sending a request more than once and being able to send SNMP requests to more than one community.  We may add an SNMP walk also.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 02:01:49 PM »
Hi.  We\'re not sure we understand, but Win98 systems cannot be scanned.  Is NEWT stalling on your Win98 systems?