April 19, 2024, 05:25:08 PM

Author Topic: Software results, or lack there of (fixed as of v2.5)  (Read 10125 times)

Scott@titan

Software results, or lack there of (fixed as of v2.5)
« on: September 23, 2005, 04:14:50 PM »
When scanning system of various MS OS I keep getting \"Worker timed out 12:49:43 PM\"  Is there a simple way to correct this?

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 10:16:58 PM »
Hi Scott.  It sounds like this could be an MTU issue.  NEWT currently needs the network card to be set for 1500 for the MTU and this is the Windows default.  Albeit rarely, some programs may change this during installation.

You can scan your local machine and look inside NEWT\'s Network tab to see your MTU.  If it\'s not at least 1500, then this is most likely your problem.

The fastest way to change your MTU setting is by finding your network card in the following location in the registry and changing the MTU value to 1500.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\Tcpip\\Parameters\\Interfaces

You\'ll need to reset your machine for the changes to take effect.

If you have any trouble, please feel free to email us at support@komodolabs.com

Scott@titan

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 03:37:45 PM »
Sorry it took a bit to get back to you.  My MTU is set to 1500 and still I havent had any luck with the scan.  Also is there some form of dat file or setting that might be checked against for some information?

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 03:50:46 PM »
No problem Scott.  Software scanning and other items can be turned on or off under Scan Properties, but everything is on by default.  You could check this first.

If you are still having problems, we can help you privately on this since it doesn\'t seem like a common issue.

Scott@titan

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 04:11:22 PM »
Everything is at default.  I\'ll try a few other options including a clean machine.  If I still have an issue I\'ll get back to you.  Thanks

damichaud

• Beta Tester
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 02:47:22 PM »
In the preferences, have you tried changing the default value of \"Scan Item Timeout\" to something higher ?  I generally put it to 999 seconds and that generally fixes my worker timeouts for the slower systems.