March 29, 2024, 06:44:08 AM

Author Topic: Can't get it to work correctly...  (Read 7869 times)

sanch

Can't get it to work correctly...
« on: November 09, 2005, 05:04:44 PM »
I downloaded and installed Newt Pro v. 2.0 and it doesn\'t find any computers - i installed this on 2 seperate machines.
I have 17 Computers - wired and wireless as well as 2 print servers and a NAS.  This is a small personal network - I am evaluating this for a larger enterprise environment -
Did I not configure some option correctly?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 09:22:54 PM »
Hello.  NEWT uses the My Network Places or Network Neighborhood to list computers in its Network Browser (left pane).  Are you sure you can see see your computers if you visit My Network Places on your desktop?

You could also try discovering by IP address instead of group, but group discovery should work fine if you can list the computers in Windows.

Is this on a Windows XP system?

sanch

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 09:55:57 PM »
Yes it is running on an XP system.
I can\'t list the computers in Windows.  I am sure that I could before - what would be the reasons for this not working now?

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 10:28:45 PM »
General Windows networking can be difficult to diagnose, but it could be a service like the \"Computer Browser\" was inadvertantly stopped or it could be a router or switch malfunction.  It sounds like you have a problem unrelated to NEWT.

Have you tried discovering by IP?  This bypassess Windows\' \"Computer Browser\".

If you\'d like a 30-day license key to try NEWT on your entire enterprise network, please fill out the following form.

http://www.komodolabs.com/eval.htm