April 19, 2024, 08:28:56 PM

Author Topic: same problem  (Read 10416 times)

emoss

same problem
« on: November 14, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »
USing Newt Pro 2.0, Discover picks up all my PCs, but is unable to scan4 of them. \"unknown user name or password\".
I use Credentials Manager\" to enter the admin id and password for theese workstations, but the same error is returned. What needs to be changed on the workstation to permit scanning ???  (I\'ve already disabled Windows Firewall)...

Ed M

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
same problem
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 09:39:07 PM »
So you can scan most of your PCs except for 4 of them, correct?  And they are NT based (NT4/W2K/WinXP/W2K3)?

You could try testing to see if you can visit the machine through \"My Network Places\" and double-clicking one of the 4 you\'re having a problem with.  Windows should ask for a password.  Please let us know if you\'re able to access the machine supplying credentials with Windows, but not NEWT.  We should be using the same method, so the same username/password should work.

gdburns

same problem
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 05:54:37 PM »
Only my credentials for logging on to the machine are good - it would seem that NEWT is not passing the credentials correctly - I have even explicitly entered my username and password via the credentials manager and it still is not working properly.  I have upgraded to build 2274, but it didn\'t make a difference except that rather than getting an error message saying \"worker timed out\" I get \"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. (Error: 1326)\"

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
same problem
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 10:57:22 PM »
Hello, we\'re helping people on a one-on-one basis with this issue.  We don\'t think it\'s a bug, but we will contact you through email and assist you directly.

We had a Thanksgiving holiday today here in the U.S. or we would have answered you sooner.

mmcculley

same problem
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 02:15:09 PM »
I am having the same problem. I get error such as the following.
\"The network path was not found.\"
\"No Privileges\"
\"WMI: For loop not initialized\"
\"WMI: The RPC server is unavailable.\"
 Thanks for your help.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
same problem
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 04:28:02 PM »
Hi, we will also contact you privately to help you regarding these issues, using the email address you signed up with.  Doing this in the forums can take longer and be more complicated.