April 18, 2024, 02:59:27 AM

Author Topic: (Error: 1219) during Machine Connect.  (Read 9224 times)

dlingk

(Error: 1219) during Machine Connect.
« on: February 09, 2006, 08:06:08 PM »
Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.. (Error: 1219) during Machine Connect.

I am evaluating your software and keep getting this error which is not allowing me to successfully inventory our DC, I am very close to purchasing this software because it fits what we are looking for, but I want to get the bugs worked out before purchasing. The server it is trying to reach is running on Windows 2003 server standard edition sp1. I did not see hardly any postings about issues with 2003 server, but i would imagine that if people are having issues with Windows firewall on XP sp2 then 2003 should be more problematic due to its security suite. Just looking to get a better understanding to anticipate this problem.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 01:47:47 PM »
Hi, we\'ve heard of this issue from some users on domains, but are still trying to nail down a 100% working solution.

Are you entering a username/password in NEWT\'s Credential Manager for that machine?  You can check this by right-clicking that server in the Primary tab and choosing \"Credential Manager...\"  If you haven\'t, perhaps there is a Default Username/Password entered under Preferences.

You should only receive this error if you\'re trying to use seperate credentials to access a machine.  The error means you\'re already connected to that particular computer already using a separate set of credentials.  But if you\'re on a domain you only need to make yourself part of the Domain Admin group to have access to all machines in the domain.

Please let us know what you find out.

Although we\'re not advertising it yet, we do have a 30-day trial so you can try NEWT on your entire network.  Simply fill out the form below and we will send you an evaluation license key.

http://www.komodolabs.com/eval.htm

dlingk

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 07:32:13 PM »
Hello,
thanks for the speedy response. I have been entering the domain admin credentials in the credentials manager. I will add myself as a domain admin
and follow your advice to see if that fixes it. I will let you know if it works.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 08:14:31 PM »
Great.  Make sure you delete all the entries in the Credential Manager.  You can also do this and backup the credentials by renaming the file \"passwords.dat\" in the NEWT Pro install folder in case you need to use them later for some reason.

dlingk

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 08:22:46 PM »
Will do. Thank you again and once I get what I am looking for then you got a sale. Cheers!