April 25, 2024, 12:12:51 AM

Author Topic: WMI: Class does not support Automation  (Read 10501 times)

pdeen

WMI: Class does not support Automation
« on: February 22, 2006, 02:46:24 PM »
Hello,
 I see you have helped others with this same problem, but I didnt want to take over their thread.

We have 50 or so Windows XP SP2 machines in a Windows 2003 Domain environment.

Most of the machines are exact brand. model etc, but only 3 are giving the WMI errors. I have noticed they are laptops, if that makes a difference.

Example:
Chassis Type: WMI: The RPC server is unavailable
System Model: WMI: For loop not initialized
etc...

We disable the built in Windows Firewall. I also check the domain policy setting you mention in other threads, our is set to \'Not configured\' But, should matter, because we disable the Windows firewall I would think.

Can you offer us any assistance?
Great product, keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 06:46:39 PM »
Thank you, it\'s always good to get compliments.  We have a lot of great things planned this year!

Having the \"Remote Administration\" setting as \"Not configured\" may still be a problem.  Could you try enabling this setting anyway and then try scanning?

pdeen

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 09:30:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply!
I finally had a chance to get my hands on the laptop itself and it turns out the firewall was ON, even though the GP was set to turn it off. I did a gpupdate /force and it turned off, and then I reran the scan, and works great now!

Sorry, that was my mistake.

Thanks again!

pdeen

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 03:40:50 PM »
Hello,
 I have cleared up all the \'WMI: RPC Service is unavailable\', now I have one machine left that has the following error \"WMI: Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface\" for the chassis type and motherboard.

For System Model it says \"WMI: For loop not initialized\".

I have set the \'allow remote administration exception to: Enabled\', still recieving same errors.

Any suggestions?

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 07:54:01 PM »
Could you send a saved scan of that machine to support@komodolabs.com?  This should give us more information to help track down the problem.

pdeen

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 09:04:31 PM »
Ok,
 I rescanned the machine all by itself this time, and then saved the mrf and emailed it to support@komodolabs.com

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks.