March 29, 2024, 04:17:53 AM

Author Topic: Can't scan computers in other domains  (Read 8186 times)

NIAdmin

Can't scan computers in other domains
« on: December 08, 2006, 12:05:13 AM »
Hi,
We are running NEWT version 2 build 2274 and while I can scan computers in my immediate domain ok I am having trouble scanning them in other domains. The discover feature returns things like machine name, group, ip address, mac address & owner, OS and some users (but not all), but when I try to scan the machines I continuously get a scan status of \"Computer off? (Irresolvable), yet I know through a ping and a vnc connection that the machine is definately turned on. I have tried the credentials manager, putting in the administrators password & logon for both my domain and the other domain but to no avail. We are well below our number of machines on our licence. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 03:21:03 AM »
Hi there.  Build 2274 has a bug where it will fail after scanning a certain number of machines in a row, but this problem was been fixed earlier this year.

We would highly recommend upgrading to build 2309, which fixes many other issues and includes some great new features.  It\'s 100% free to all users and is available on our main site.

Uninstalling build 2274 before installing the new build is recommended.

If you have any problems, please write back and let us know.

Also, we plan to have an automatic web update system in place some time next year.

NIAdmin

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 02:45:19 AM »
Hi Administrator,

thank you very much for that I have downloaded and installed build 2309 and it appears to have done the trick.

thanks again!:P:P

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 02:58:48 PM »
Great!  Any time you have a problem or concern, just write us here or in support (on our Contact page).