March 28, 2024, 12:51:55 PM

Author Topic: Missing Installed Software  (Read 12676 times)

ncvele

Missing Installed Software
« on: March 27, 2008, 12:57:38 PM »
Only part of installed software are detected during the scanning process, so a lot of installed software are missing from software tab. This problem is general on all scanned machines. What is wrong?

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 03:28:51 PM »
Hi there.  This is happen on all machines?  What you see in Newt should match up to Windows \"Add/Remove Programs\" (without Updates clicked).  There is currently a problem on 64-bit Windows where all apps. are not shown, but we\'re working on it.  But I doubt all your OS\'s are 64-bit.

Also, can you tell us what version of Newt you\'re using?  It should say at the very top in the title bar.

ncvele

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 06:42:04 AM »
Hello,

We are using Newt Professional version 2.5, build 62.
Precisely, I had a problem on all machines that I checked. As I have nearly 100 machines it is impossible to check them all. I have randomly chosen few machines and  I notice a problem in relationship between software tab in newt pro and add/remove programs in Windows Control Panel. Today I will make more investigation on other machines. I can send you screen shots and other related info if you want.

Thanks.

ncvele

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 07:43:51 AM »
We are using all 32-bit editions of Windows XP pro, and 32-bit editions for Windows Server 2003. Definitely, not all machines are involved in this problem. I notice that machines with more software installed have higher degree of missing items. For example on machines with less that 20 installed applications (3 machines checked) we have no problem detected, but if we have more than 50 or 60 installations (3 machine checked), big amount of items is missing (20-30%). It is not application orientated problem, for instance WinRar is detected on one machine, but on other is not. Also, there are items in software tab that are not listed in add/remove programs (HotFixes), but that is not problem at all.

Regards.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 03:58:32 PM »
Ok, since this isn\'t a known issue, we will contact you through email and try to get this worked out.

If you uncheck \"Show Updates\" in Add/Remove Programs, that list should match up perfectly with Newt\'s.  Of course you may need to sort by machine name and secondarily by software name in Newt.  They are currently unsorted.

We do apologize for any trouble you\'re having and if it\'s a problem on our end, we\'ll fix it ASAP.