March 28, 2024, 08:00:42 PM

Author Topic: Aborted due to 2 minute low-level scan time out.  (Read 12876 times)

nkrowe

Aborted due to 2 minute low-level scan time out.
« on: April 10, 2008, 10:10:04 PM »
With build 62, I can scan all of my computers but the computer that I\'m scanning from. It gets the \"Aborted due to 2 minute low-level scan time out\".  So I tried scanning all of my computers from a different computer and they ALL worked.  But it I go back and try again from My computer, I still get the Aborted....

Got any ideas what I should check?

Thanks.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 10:52:12 PM »
Hi there.  Yes, we do know of something you can check.  Some antivirus/security software can affect scanning in strange ways.  Try turning off or quitting that software on your local machine and then see if you can scan it.  If that fixes it, then you might be able to disable a small part of it, sort of like setting exceptions in your firewall.  Because you don\'t want to disable the entire software.

Hopefully that is it, but do let us know and it might help if we know the name of the security software.

And if this is your problem, there might be something we can do about it in the future.

nkrowe

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 03:01:41 PM »
Yes the Symantec AntiVirus Corporate seems to have been the problem.  When I was trying it, I had just tried to update my antivirus and the update didn\'t work and left my computer in a limbo state.  So I finally got the AntiVirus uninstalled and reinstalled and now it is scanning!

Thanks.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 09:56:01 PM »
That\'s great.  In the future we may change this message to hint that it could be anti-virus or other security software causing the problem.