March 28, 2024, 11:01:28 AM

Author Topic: Another question about admin$  (Read 9504 times)

74HCT245

Another question about admin$
« on: September 12, 2009, 04:31:01 AM »
Hello,
I have \"can\'t access admin$...error 5....\" on 2 system (win2003).
Then I try to connect at this share by windows explorer with: \"\\\\name_server\\admin$\" and administrator credentials and I have error ok.
But If I try with \\\\192.168.40.89\\admin$ (I insert the Ip address of the system and no name) then the administrator credentials I have access and work. Now how can I to do to have access with NewT Pro in this 2 systems?
Thanks
P.S. NewT Pro is fantastic

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 06:44:31 PM »
Thank you for the compliment.  We have many improvements planned and they will be a free upgrade to all licensed users.

This isn\'t a very common situation, as we\'ve seen, if you get an error 5 using \"\\\\server_name\\admin$\", you should also get an error using the IP.

Since this is a domain, are you able to get yourself logged as part of the Domain Admin group?  This makes it so you have automatic access to all computers on the domain without needing to enter any credentials.  Of course if these servers you\'re trying to scan are on a different domain, then you\'d need to set up a \"trust relationship\" or use credentials, like you\'re doing now.

We\'ve seen an increase in 2003 patches that attempt to disable \"local credentials\" and it may be their security \"fix\" doesn\'t take the IP into consideration.

We may need to help you through email so we can find out more about your network.  Some users don\'t like to discuss their network setups in public.

74HCT245

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 10:40:40 AM »
Hi,
I set  \"Use IP Address instead of Machine Name\" in the Option / Preferences / Scanning  and work!!
The 2 system was scanning and I have collected all their informations.

Please is very very important and useful: can you insert in scanning all the local users and their group membership?
This is helpful to verify in AD network if there are \"End Users\" from the Local Administrators Group
Now I use a vb script, but is better if this informations are captured from NewtPro.
Thanks

p.s. I do not give exact network information (this are examples and the ip address and name etc.  is false.....)

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 08:23:49 PM »
I see.  This probably means these machines are on another network and you don\'t have the ability to access them by name.  It could be a DNS issue, we\'re not sure.

We are planning to add a feature like this at some point.  It will take some time though, so please be patient.

74HCT245

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 01:14:11 PM »
Yes is true this machine have 2 network card.....Excuse me I had forgotten this...
Yea!!! You plan the users scan and their group membership...It\'s fantastic!!
Is you interesting to vb code that I use now?

Bye

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 05:32:40 PM »
I\'m sure we\'ll do much more research before implementing it, but sure, you could send your vb script to support-at-komodolabs.com and we\'ll take a look at it.  It will at least give us a better idea of the information you need.