March 29, 2024, 01:34:13 AM

Author Topic: How to configure LAN for NEWT  (Read 12383 times)

andreasalamon

How to configure LAN for NEWT
« on: July 13, 2015, 02:09:52 PM »
Hello,
I'm Andrea.
I try to configure my LAN to run NEWT. I read that is enough to set Files and printers share and activate the admin$ share but I don't want to activate Files and printers shares because it is our policy.
Is it possible to do in a different way?
Thanks

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
Re: How to configure LAN for NEWT
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 12:28:48 PM »
Unfortunately most all network inventory applications require ADMIN$ share access, though most also require WMI and remote registry to be working as well.  We only require the ADMIN$ share for full PC audits.

We plan to add a login script feature later where each PC would be set up on the server to execute a script that would run the service and allows you to scan without needing ADMIN$ rights.

roberle

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 06:22:52 PM »
Has this feature been implemented now?
I just started using Newt Pro v2.5, build 327

I have some stations reporting "unreachable", but I can connect to them via Explorer.
They do not respond to a Ping.

These are some "locked down" stations, so I am looking for the ability to setup the Newt scanner and not require the $ADMIN share.

Please advise.
Thanks,
- R

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 07:56:16 PM »
Sorry, we do not have this yet.  Since that post, we've had to alter our priorities on development.  We still want to provide such a feature, but the earliest would probably be some time next year, unfortunately.