March 28, 2024, 10:58:21 AM

Author Topic: good product pretty smooth....now comes wishlist  (Read 14369 times)

heda_p

good product pretty smooth....now comes wishlist
« on: April 05, 2012, 06:49:37 PM »
Store data with timestamp is sql server for comparision analysis

configurable alerts based on flexible change criterias

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
Re: good product pretty smooth....now comes wishlist
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 07:09:29 PM »
Thanks!  There are some important features ahead of these, we definitely plan to add these features at some point.

Because we're aware of some lacking features, we're currently offering 30% off and Free Lifetime Upgrades at no extra cost for users to invest in the future of NEWT.  We have a lot of great things planned!

davidbrown

• Beta Tester
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 12:33:16 AM »
I'm a fan on Newt Professional... the name is a little unfortunate (I'm not sure if means the same thing up in the Northern Hemishpere than it does down here) but it works well

a few things that i would like to see:

the IP address is the key field in 2.5 and when our users switch off at night and back on in the morning- the DHCP server gives them a new IP address i would like the key to be the machine name instead, the mrf file does not update itself.

I've been on a number of OS roll outs and a reoccurring theme has always been user data,mail files (pst)mapped drives and printers. could you include in your export to mdb a report that includes those in it, it would be most useful

I would also like to be able to produce a mdb report for an individual machine rather than the whole scan (i scan 256 at a time)

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 03:26:06 AM »
Oh?  What does "newt" mean down where you are?  For us it's simply a cute little lizard.  Though we try to ignore the fact that we share the same name with a certain U.S. political figure.  :)

We're actually working on a new version that will update the new IP and other data for you.  I can't say too much about it in the open forum, but I know we've talked some about it with you in email.  Feel free to post anything related to that in our beta forum since you're now a beta tester and I'm sure we could elaborate.  The same thing goes for OS roll out user data you're looking for.

If you double-click on a PC, you should get a window where you can export much of the data for just one machine, but only to a text or HTML file.  We should be adding new reporting features later this year, which will be a free upgrade of course.

davidbrown

• Beta Tester
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 09:34:37 PM »
ahhhmmm.... it does mean something different down under then, if only by verbal association. The proper spelling is neuter but purchasing this product produced a few giggles and smart arsed comments around the office here. never mind, it works a treat and pound for pound it's bloody good value. I'll post my feature requests in the Beta forum

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 10:01:04 PM »
I suppose just about any name we chose could mean something else in another country, but we see what you're saying.  Here we use "fixed" as a slang term for "neutered".