March 29, 2024, 11:52:19 AM

Author Topic: Scanning over VPN  (Read 12139 times)

Davidh

Scanning over VPN
« on: October 06, 2016, 09:36:51 PM »
I have a HUB VPN setup where I have about 25 locations (with 5 to 10 decives each) connecting to the main location.
I can add the IP range, but Slitheris reports all 254 as unpingable (-minus the devices it detects).
I think it has something to do with the routing
I the main network it works great, but when I scan the remote VPN networks I get for example 245 devices, 242 unpingable.
Also, it seems to crash when it does this network cross

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
Re: Scanning over VPN
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 04:06:12 PM »
Hi David and thank you for mentioning this.  We've been aware of this and are working on a solution.  Luckily it's somewhat rare.  We believe this is due to what's known as an ARP Proxy.  This fills your Windows PC's ARP Cache with duplicate entries and usually the MAC address is duplicated on all of them.

We should be able to get with you directly one day this week.  We'll try to incorporate this fix along with the replacement ping sweep feature currently in progress.  This will likely fix any crash issues as well.  We very much appreciate your help on this and we apologize for the trouble!

Davidh

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 02:59:15 PM »
I am using version 1.1.1777 and it works great now :)

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 05:54:11 PM »
Great.  Thanks for letting everyone know.  We just released build 194 yesterday.  It should work even better.