March 28, 2024, 02:29:21 PM

Author Topic: Spiceworks CSV export error  (Read 12226 times)

tmcmurray

Spiceworks CSV export error
« on: January 25, 2018, 07:37:07 PM »
Hi,
  After I've completed a scan, which ROCKS by the way, I attemtp to exprt the .csv to my Spiceworks and it crashes with the error:
Grid Error:
C:\users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Spiceworks_prod.db-

Please contact support@komodolabs.com for help.

Not an error

Everything else works fine and I'd really would like to get this export function working.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
Re: Spiceworks CSV export error
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 11:29:27 PM »
Hi there and thanks for the compliment!  We haven't heard of this, and we just tested it here with a fresh Spiceworks Inventory install without any issues.  I can tell you this error means that when Slitheris tried loading your Spiceworks DB backup, it thought there were no devices in it or there was some other issue.  But I'm sure you have or you wouldn't want to try this feature.

It would help a lot if we could see a copy of your Spiceworks (Spiceworks_prod.db) database.  If that's ok with you, please Zip and send it to our support email.  All data sent to us is kept strictly confidential and is only used for purposes of fixing this apparent problem.

Once we get this issue taken care of, we'd love for you to mention us and this feature in the Spiceworks forums.  We've rarely been getting mentioned there lately and it helps a lot.

tmcmurray

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 01:00:13 PM »
Hi there and thanks for the compliment!  We haven't heard of this, and we just tested it here with a fresh Spiceworks Inventory install without any issues.  I can tell you this error means that when Slitheris tried loading your Spiceworks DB backup, it thought there were no devices in it or there was some other issue.  But I'm sure you have or you wouldn't want to try this feature.

It would help a lot if we could see a copy of your Spiceworks (Spiceworks_prod.db) database.  If that's ok with you, please Zip and send it to our support email.  All data sent to us is kept strictly confidential and is only used for purposes of fixing this apparent problem.

Once we get this issue taken care of, we'd love for you to mention us and this feature in the Spiceworks forums.  We've rarely been getting mentioned there lately and it helps a lot.

Which version?  The prod version in Program Files, or the backup in user files?

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 01:28:39 PM »
Sorry I wasn't clear about that.  Now that you mention it, maybe having BOTH would be best so we can compare them and see if Slitheris made a mistake some how.

If you'd like to email them in two separate emails and two separate Zips, that would be great.  If they're way too big after zipping to email, let me know and we'll do it a different way.  You could also upload them to a DropBox-type service if you use one and send us the link in email.

If you haven't seen it, we actually have a web page dedicated to this feature:
http://komodolabs.com/spiceworks

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 09:45:26 PM »
Update about this issue.  It turns out the tmcmurray had permissions set up in a way to prevent Slitheris from reading the Spiceworks database, which we believe is uncommon.  Problem solved on user's end in this case.