March 29, 2024, 02:31:24 PM

Author Topic: Any news on scanning hardware on Linux machines?  (Read 11689 times)

shinta863

Any news on scanning hardware on Linux machines?
« on: January 22, 2019, 03:11:06 PM »
I've been using the NEWT pro to scan the Windows environment and it's been really helpful with gathering the hardware inventory. Are there any new information on if your planning to release an update that would help gather these on the Linux machines? It would be great if I could gather the hardware inventory for those machines on the same network.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
Re: Any news on scanning hardware on Linux machines?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 03:54:33 PM »
We've been planning to add this for quite some time now.  The idea was to use SSH for Linux/Unix/MacOS to pull similar information as NEWT Pro does with Windows PCs.  Is that what you were thinking?

Of course there are many Linux-based systems in the IoT world, etc. that do not have SSH, but we've been researching ways to at least identify such devices.

shinta863

Re: Any news on scanning hardware on Linux machines?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 04:13:37 PM »
Yes, I was thinking about SSH or having something that's embedded into NEWT pro that would allow you to do that to gather the information as well.

Please let me know what you come up with and how your planning to implement it. Thanks for the quick response.