March 29, 2024, 10:07:34 AM

Author Topic: Access data missing if export is not done from primary tab.  (Read 12378 times)

helsby

Access data missing if export is not done from primary tab.
« on: January 09, 2006, 12:34:03 PM »
I\'m in the middle of producing a software report and from the standard scan I deleted the machines that I wasn\'t interested in (for the sake of full disclosure I\'m mentioning this).

Then from within NEWT I can look at the quantity of OS\'s installed, software etc but there is no easy way to copy paste this into Word (I\'ve another thread open on this topic).
Therefore the best way is probably to export the data to Access and then produce queries or reports.
However, when I went to look at the data within Access there are only 3 hostnames in the database (out of 19 in Newt). Newt says there are no errors on the export.

It turns out that if you do an export of all data from the network tab you only get three results but if you do it from the primary tab you get all the results.  I\'m not sure why the 3 machines are picked and what is unique about them to get picked.
I can provide the mrf if required.

helsby

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 12:37:19 PM »
hmmm - i\'ve just reloaded all the data into the scan and ran an export and it worked great.
Then reloaded the cutdown mrf and did another export and this time all the machines have appeared in the mdb

weird:o

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 07:10:12 PM »
Please let us know if this happens again.  It could be that saving and reloading the MRF filters out data that causes the Export to cut out prematurely.