March 29, 2024, 07:51:33 AM

Author Topic: 6 days left, expiring Nov 1st 2004  (Read 9343 times)

nigh8mare

6 days left, expiring Nov 1st 2004
« on: September 08, 2004, 01:55:41 PM »
I just installed the new beta newt pro. Added my key for 100 licenses. It says it expires in 54 days. I don't remember the agreement saying anything about 1 year only. My understanding was that after a year I wouldn't get any new updates. Even if it did I still haven't been able to use it on most PC's because of the privileges problems. Only now are your updates allowing me to use it the way it was advertised (I don’t recall it saying anywhere that I had to change over to a domain) when I purchased it. Is that it? I have to pay again to keep using it?  It just doesn’t seem right that I have to pay again for a product that I haven’t been able all the features.:(

Thanks,

Gene

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 10:03:56 PM »
Hello Gene,

All beta versions have an expiration because we don't want them floating around with the kind of problems betas can have.  It would be a support logistics nightmare (no pun intended).  All companies put a limit on betas for this very reason.  The expiration of 54 days from now should be enough time to get our final version out.  Otherwise, we increase the time if needed.

Your license is permanent.  There is no limit on final versions.  

You actually purchased near the beginning of this year, which was well before our Lifetime Free Upgrade promotion expired, so you're one of our special users who will receive free upgrades for the lifetime of the product.  We doubt this kind of promotion will ever be freely offered again.

We hope this clears things up and you'll still be one of our many happy customers.  Our customers our lifeblood and we want to please them the best we can.

nigh8mare

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 10:33:35 AM »
After re-reading my post i guess it would seem that i was unhappy. I'm not.  You have always responed quickly to any questions that i've had. You had me worried, It's very hard to get my company to spend money on software tools here. I didn't want to go back to them again.

Thanks,

Gene

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 10:07:43 PM »
Yes, I think it was the frowny face that clued us in.  :D

We're glad you're not unhappy and we're sure you'll get your money's worth.  We hope you enjoy our software for years to come.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Karanga

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 08:58:16 AM »
Hi,

I have been using beta version 2 for a few months and now have 6 days left until the beta expires.

Is there anyway the beta trial can be extended or should I revert back to version 1? :o

Thanks,

Dan

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 03:59:21 PM »
Hi Dan.  You are one of our valued customers and we thought we sent you info concerning our beta program.

We will email you with the pertinent details.