March 28, 2024, 03:19:32 PM

Author Topic: unable to scan remote sites  (Read 18295 times)

emoss

unable to scan remote sites
« on: November 28, 2005, 06:11:25 PM »
Enjoying my trial of NEWT PRO 2, and have submitted a PO  so I can purchase the program....

I am still unable to scan my remote locations. Discovery correctly identifies all PCs, OS, MAC address, etc.,  but the scan returns \"Computer off? (Irresolvable)\", and no additional data is recorded. All locations are conencted by point to point T1s running through firewalls with no port restrictions.
How can this be resolved ??

EBM

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 06:33:49 PM »
Hi and thank you for becoming a valued customer!

It could be that Windows Name Resolution is not being used between the sites.  Are you able to ping any one of those machines from a DOS Prompt by their computer name?

emoss

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 08:52:46 PM »
Hmmm!  I am unable to ping remote hosts by hostname from a DOS prompt.... local hosts are pingable by hostname. :(

What needs to be done to rectify this?

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 10:26:22 PM »
You could try adding the machine using its IP address just for a test and scanning it.  We will contact you by email to see if we can figure out a way around this.

bboyce

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 02:30:41 PM »
I have several branch offices on subnets and connecting to HQ using Citrix. I can see and ping the workstations, but they won\'t scan. Is there something I can change?

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 03:17:21 PM »
Hi, can you tell us what error you\'re seeing?  You can copy this by right-clicking on the error.

bboyce

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 05:08:23 PM »
I\'m getting 1203 - No network provider accpeted the network path and
error 1214 The format of the specified network name is invalid.
Bruce

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 05:43:46 PM »
Ok, can you get to those machines from Windows Explorer or IE using \"\\\\ComputerName\"?  Because it sounds like this may be more of a Windows security issue than a Newt issue.

bboyce

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 04:28:22 PM »
Its a credentials issue. I have a certain class of machines that have a carriage return as a password (don\'t ask). The credentials manager won\'t accept a carriage return as the password. Can I work around this?

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 05:37:11 PM »
Hi again, you\'re using 2.5, correct?  NEWT\'s credential manager should take a blank password just fine, and use it.  But it will warn you about the blank password.  This only works on Machine Specific Credentials (the right side), but currently not the Default Credentials (left side).  We admittedly have some work to do on our Default Credentials feature.  It was just added a few months ago.