March 29, 2024, 12:48:33 PM

Author Topic: WMI: Access is denied (fixed as of v2.5)  (Read 9635 times)

keith

WMI: Access is denied (fixed as of v2.5)
« on: March 28, 2006, 04:02:52 PM »
My credential status shows full access granted, but I get WMI: Access is denied for the scan status.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 05:19:15 PM »
Hi Keith.  Could you email us a copy of your scan to support@komodolabs.com?  This is currently the fastest way for us to help with problems like this.

riccio2002max

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 06:03:40 AM »
hI ALL,

i have the same problem..

I have launched the sw with administrative rights.. but the response is always : \"WMI Access Denied\"

Can you help me?

Thanks,
Best Regards

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 01:48:35 PM »
Hello.  Keith\'s particular problem was that DCOM had been turned off on his computer, either by software or a person.

Please try the following and let us know if this fixes the issue.

1. Open Control Panel
2. Open Administrative Tools
3. Open the Component Services applet
4. Select Component Services and open the Computers Folder
5. Right Click My Computer and select Properties
6. Select the Default Properties tab and ensure Enable Distributed COM on this Computer is Checked

sully

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 05:33:25 PM »
Hi,
I cannot connect to my laptop.  I\'ve supplied credentials with a good uname and pw that has admin rights.  However, I was reading on grc.com about dcom and have used the dcombobulator prog to remove dcom access.  I will try but why is dcom ok in this case but a security prob in other cases?

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 06:13:43 PM »
DCOM is only an issue if you enable DCOM over the Internet or you don\'t have a hardware/software firewall in place.  If you visit the Control Panel instructions above you should see the different options.  DCOM should be enabled, but not over the Internet.

Currently NEWT needs DCOM to be open, but again, if you\'re using Windows firewall and have a username/password set up on the laptop, no one should be able to harm it unless they have the proper credentials (username & password).  The normal home user doesn\'t need DCOM (as Mr. Gibson states (grc.com)) and many home computers don\'t have a firewall set up, but most all businesses do.