March 29, 2024, 11:51:06 AM

Author Topic: 1219 error  (Read 7778 times)

stygiis

1219 error
« on: May 25, 2006, 03:19:22 PM »
I am using Newt ver 2.0 build 2284. I had it on an XP pro machine in my domain and everything was working great until the machine crashed. I reloaded Newt on another XP pro machine that is part of the domain and now when I try and scan any machine I get the error:
\"Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.. (Error: 1219) during Machine Connect\"

This happens with Domain controllers and workstations. I have credentials set for the local administrator accounts on all the various machines. This is bothering me more because this was not happening before the orginal system crashed on me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
1219 error
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 04:33:48 PM »
Hi, could you try our latest build 2307 and let us know if this helps your situation?  This new version fixes several serious issues in 2284.

You can download it from our main site.  Also it\'s recommended you uninstall the old version first.

If you are on a domain (not a workgroup) and are part of the Domain Admin group, you shouldn\'t need credentials for any machine.

stygiis

1219 error
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 04:41:14 PM »
I will give the new version a try.
I am not part of the Domain Admins group here so i have to use the credentials of the local machine admin account to make the scan works.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
1219 error
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 05:10:31 PM »
Understood.  Some are not able to get Domain Admin privileges, although they still have local administrator on each machine.  So goes company politics.

If you still have problems, try rebooting that XP Pro machine you\'re scanning from and see if that helps.