March 29, 2024, 09:18:24 AM

Author Topic: Network browser confined to local subnet  (Read 8052 times)

BradW

Network browser confined to local subnet
« on: April 19, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »
For the first year or so after installing Newt, I could use the network browser to see every computer on our domain. After making some network infrastructure changes (new DNS servers, etc) I can now only see the machines on our local subnet. We have something like 50 subnets, so not being able to use the network browser is a huge inconvenience.

If I enter an IP range or a specific IP, I can scan machines on other subnets fine (in fact this is now the only way to scan computers on different subnets), so it appears to just be an issue with the network browser.

I\'m running version 2.5 build 153 on Windows 7 Professional. If it would be helpful, feel free to contact me via the email address listed with my account.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:32:39 PM »
Hi Brad.  Let\'s see what we can do here on the forums.  Under Preferences, then the Interface tab, do you have \"Use Active Directory\" checked?

BradW

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 02:35:36 PM »
I did not, and that was indeed the fix - weird how I missed it! Thanks for your help.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 06:32:27 PM »
Great.  In a future version, we plan to detect if you have a domain and NEWT will then ask if you\'d like to enable this feature.  This would be a free upgrade to all registered users.