April 16, 2024, 08:47:46 PM

Author Topic: Scan hangs (fixed in v2.5.155)  (Read 8602 times)

OlivierH

Scan hangs (fixed in v2.5.155)
« on: May 04, 2010, 11:35:16 AM »
Good day, my environment has 700 servers ranging from NT4 to 2008 in different regions. When scanning the entire environment everything goes fine except sometimes when the scans just stop and never finish. I can then do nothing except reboot the server where NEWT is installed. I cannot kill the process at all.

Please help!

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 04:20:46 PM »
Hello Olivier.  This definitely shouldn\'t be happening.  So if a scan does hang, the Stop button in NEWT doesn\'t help?

Could you try disabling \"IP Address (Internet IP)\" under Scan Properties and see if it helps?  You can also scroll down or sort the \"Scan Status\" tab during a scan and see which machines it seems to be stalled on.  That may help us determine the issue, or at least where it\'s happening.  Rarely does a stall occur, but if it does, it\'s usually a few machines.

If you can get the hang to happen again, sending us a screenshot of NEWT may help as well.

You are using version 2.5.154, correct?

OlivierH

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 06:20:58 AM »
I have attached the screenshot where the scan just hangs and does not complete. If I stop the scan it changes the scan status to \'Aborting while scanning\' but never aborts.

The IP address is already disabled.

I am running v 2.5 build 153. Is there a newer version available?

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 05:19:27 PM »
I\'m not seeing a screenshot here.  Let\'s go ahead and switch this to an email support and we\'ll work with you directly on getting at the heart of the problem.  We\'ll email you with the address you signed up with.

There is a build 154, but your software should have alerted you of the upgrade at program start up.  It shouldn\'t have any bearing on your particular issue however.