March 28, 2024, 07:44:48 PM

Author Topic: Store "Computers Near Me"  (Read 10967 times)

isekold

Store "Computers Near Me"
« on: January 06, 2015, 10:21:24 AM »
We have a couple different IP ranges that we use here. I am assuming the "Computers Near Me" are computers that are in the same range as the computer I am using.

I went into Discovery and added the IP addresses to the list and I am discovering them now.

How do I save the list of computers discovered?
How do I add these computers to the list of computers near me?

Newt is a powerful tool, however it is not very useful when not all the computers can be scanned by newt.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
Re: Store "Computers Near Me"
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 10:55:32 AM »
Hi there.  "Computers Near Me" is actually more of a legacy area we're working to replace, though it should simply be your domain.  We'd recommend scanning by IP right now.

When scanning by IP, after everything is discovered and scanned, you save the list by choosing "Save As..." under the File menu.  We're also working on a database backend for this instead of needing to save.

isekold

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 11:13:09 AM »
Thank you for the Quick response!

When I save as, will it save the list on the left or will I have to manually load the list? Ive never really played with the save as feature. So I will give it a shot.

Our network is changing constantly, so I will continually rescan computers to make sure nothing has changed.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 03:18:55 PM »
From your email earlier it looks like you found the Active Directory option in Preferences.  We plan to have this auto-detected in the future so you won't need to enable it, but I think that's what you were looking for.