Introducing Slitheris Network Scanner v1.0 by Komodo Labs! Click here for screenshot. It’s finally here! Today, after 2 years of intense research and development, Komodo Labs introduces a powerful new fully-multithreaded advanced IP scanner called Slitheris! Thousands of man hours have been spent to find the best scanning techniques available, like network discovery of those ‘hidden gems’; unpingable network read more…
NEWT Pro is a fast, multi-threaded network inventory application for Microsoft Windows. While many competing products still have issues with WMI errors or other security-related failures, NEWT uses hybrid network scanning methods to greatly reduce scan errors, so you get the PC inventory you need. We’ve recently been able to narrow the requirement down to only needing remote ADMIN$ share read/write access. All this in addition to detecting what others don’t, such as CPU temperature, hard drive temperature, and the most comprehensive installed software inventory available.
And we don’t stop there. We also gather other useful information not available in other network auditing software, and continue to look for new ways to make IT network management even easier.
Free for Small Networks with 25 PCs or less
Starting with version 1.0, we’ve allowed small 10 PC networks to use NEWT Professional for free. In 2008 we increased this amount to 25 PCs or devices. At the time, competing software would prevent it from working after 30 days, forcing an angry uninstall by the user, while some tried to match our previous free 10 device license. We’re committed to helping users with smaller networks save money and build their companies. Our software never expires, just as it should be.
Windows Software Inventory
Accurately detecting installed Windows software is more difficult than it seems. Over the years, we’ve made sure that software audits match not only what’s shown in Windows Programs and Features, formerly known as Add/Remove Programs, but we’ve also greatly improved accuracy in other areas. Competing software can have missing install dates, or incorrect dates altogether. NEWT Professional attempts to prevent this by looking at least 5 different areas to detect the install date, more than any other software we’ve tried. Because of this, we feel NEWT Professional is the solution for total network inventory.
NEWT® Professional Features
- Fully multithreaded IP Discovery provides virtually unlimited number of IP ranges, reliable IP detection and identification of PC and non-PC devices such as network printers, routers through an internal database.
- NEW multithreaded network inventory methods allow over 200 items to be retrieved accurately from 100 machines in less than 5 minutes from the first installation. Only read & write access to a Windows PC’s ADMIN$ share is required. Subsequent scans are faster, and Scan Speed settings allow even faster inventory. The unique status display provides satisfying feedback of the scan progress.
- Extreme low network bandwidth usage- less than 25 kilobytes/sec in each direction, allowing scanning of the slowest WANs.
- Takes advantage of multiple CPUs and cores to spread out the work during scans.
- Interface is 100% available during scans, increasing productivity.
- Clients are updated automatically for new versions. There is no need to ever visit a remote machine.
- Autonomous removal of clients – all Newt-related files are automatically removed after a specified number of days, even if the machine is removed from the network or moved to another network. Competitors who use clients may leave services and files installed on all PCs indefinitely.
- NEW! More serial numbers and license keys – The latest version includes support for many Adobe Creative Suite (CS), Photoshop and AutoCAD license keys and serial numbers. Currently CS6 is unsupported.
- More detailed information than pure agentless systems, such as hard drive temperature, true Internet IP, detailed RAM Slots info, default printer, network adapter connection speed, detailed antivirus info, USB version (1.1/2.0) and more.
- Custom credentials feature provides a unique username and password for each machine.
- NEW! Unlimited Default Credentials – Enter as many different usernames and passwords as you like and Newt will try them all on each machine until successful. When Newt finds one that allows access, it remembers by adding that credential to Custom Credentials for that particular machine.
- Scan only the items you need using scan properties.
- View all machines at once with a unique tabbed interface, eliminating the need to drill down through data.
- Conveniently view a single machine with the Detail View.
- Efficiently explore domains and workgroups, showing operating system and comments in real-time with a Fully integrated Network Browser
- Count occurrences of any item with a powerful itemization tool.
- Ability to include machines in the Active Directory.
- Load Machine lists from simple text files or Add Machines Manually
- Export data to a fully relational Microsoft Access (MDB), HTML, CSV (Comma Separated Value, importable into MS Excel) or plain fixed-spaced text files.
- Time Elapsed and Estimated Time Remaining displayed during scans.
- Tab Manager allows quick and easy manipulation and access to columnar data.
- Perfect for network consultants who don’t have time to set up solutions taking hours or days.
- At less than a 5MB download, NEWT® Pro is extremely lightweight.
- No reboot necessary after install.
- Compatible with all NT-based operating systems, including Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 Pro, Windows XP Pro, Windows Media Center, Windows 2003, Windows Vista and Windows 7, Windows 8. All flavors of Windows Server are also supported, as well as Vista Basic and Home and Windows 7 Home, and all flavors of Windows 8 and 8.1.. Windows XP Home and Windows 98/ME are currently not supported.
- One-time purchase – there are no leasing or rental fees. Once purchased, your organization owns that particular version for life. *
- Technical support is free for the first year, upgrades are free forever.
* Does not include yearly technical Support Maintenance agreements. Support is free for the first year and yearly support agreements are subject to a 10% charge of the current retail price.
As with any standard Windows software, NEWT Professional can be uninstalled at any time by visiting ‘Programs and Features’, or ‘Add/Remove Programs’ applet in the Windows control panel. Select the entry for NEWT Professional and then click Remove to uninstall it. This may vary, depending on the version of Windows. If you have any problems uninstalling, or any other issues, please contact support.