March 28, 2024, 05:57:49 PM

Author Topic: Adobe serial numbers? (serials gathered for Acrobat v7, 8 and 9 starting in v2.5.187)  (Read 16350 times)

matt.teehan

Hello,

I just started using the free version of NEWT yesterday and requested my trail key today.

I mainly want to use it to find Office, Windows, and Acrobat keys/serial numbers. I did my first scan today and it does appear to have pulled the Windows and Office keys but I don\'t see anything for Adobe Acrobat.

Is this something NEWT is capable of? I found it in the first place Googling for ways to pull Adobe keys so I\'m hoping it can.

Thanks.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
Hi there Matt.  Unfortunately Adobe keys (be Acrobat, Photoshop, etc.) are much more difficult to get depending on the version.  The latest versions I believe use a special database to store all keys, such as in Acrobat X Pro.  I believe versions up to Acrobat 9 are possible however, but we\'ll need to do some research on this first.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
Just in case it gets filtered out on your end, I wanted to let you know I just sent you an email about this issue to the address you signed up with from our supportATkomodolabs.com account.

henery16johnson

Hello,

Is there a way to create a report to query for Adobe serial numbers?  I know they are registry entries.  So is there a way query registry entries?

Thank you in advance.

Komodo Support

• Administrator
  • Dayton, Ohio, USA
Hi there.  At some point we plan to add registry scanning, but it wouldn\'t work in this case, as the Adobe serial is stored in an encrypted fashion.  This is the case for Acrobat versions 7, 8 and 9, as well as other Adobe products with those version numbers.

However, after version 9 (Acrobat X/10, CS2, CS3, CS4, etc.), Adobe now uses a special file to store serial numbers.  We\'re working on a solution, but they\'re making it more difficult for us.